Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Love and Pride

I promise I don't want to fight,
I don't mean to sound defensive.
In my mind,
You sound as though your attacking me,
And pride takes over my whole body.

I know I make mistakes
And I know that I am not perfect.
I only want to talk to you,
Baby, I promise, you're worth it.

The arguments
The fights
It seems like they happen all the time.
I just want it to go away.

I don't mean to make you angry,
I never meant to hurt you.
I hope you believe me,
When I tell you that I am so, so sorry.

There's a reason I never tell you,
Why I try not to let you know,
Just how much you've hurt me.
I promise, you don't want to know.

I know you didn't mean to,
That's why I don't hold it against you.
I know you love me
And want the best for me,
Just know, I want the same for you.

I've said it before,
But I can't say it enough.
Baby, I love you.
I love you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment